4. PUBLIC SPACES
The draft Plan guides provision of more opportunities for people to meet and gather within the centre of Glen Huntly.
Key strategies will work towards this goal. These include:
- advocating for new, high-quality open space to come from the level crossing removals
- including art and design in public space that reflects local Glen Huntly culture
- supporting a network of spaces, connected by walking and cycling paths throughout the area
- reclaiming part of Watson Grove as walkable public space and actively exploring opportunities for more
- ensuring that public spaces are inclusive, inviting, accessible and open
Pages 27 and 28 of the draft Plan include some maps and images of proposed locations of public space. Check them out!