Engagement Updates and Upcoming Community Workshops
What’s happened so far…
The Community Vision commenced with a Co Design process where 25 community leaders came together over two sessions to determine: the scope of the community vision engagement; key themes to guide discussion; strategies for reaching groups that do not often participate in engagement processes and suggestions for engagement activities.
Over September to December we kicked off with a whole heap of engagement activities including a launch of the Community Vision, a survey with our Community Voice members, 8 pop up engagement activities at various community events and places across Glen Eira, online engagement on have Your Say, a hard copy feedback form sent to every household, a youth survey and hundreds of drawing sheets for children to draw their future vision sent to various early learning settings, libraries and at events.
From this round of community engagement we have had over 3000 people tell us about their aspirations for the future of Glen Eira.
If you haven’t had a chance to have your say yet, don’t worry there are still plenty of ways to get involved. From January to February there will be many more opportunities for you to tell us what is important to you in the future. This will include a further four pop up engagements, four workshops, an online survey and some kitchen table discussions.
Community workshops and other engagement on offer now
The following activities are proposed over January and February 2020 include:
The following workshops hope to bring community members together to delve into more detail about what your hopes are on the key action areas identified in the engagement so far. Please book your place at one of the workshops below. Places are limited.
- Tuesday 11 February, 6pm–8pm, Moorleigh Village Chris Koutoumbas Seniors Wing, Bignell Road, Bentleigh East. Book; https://www.trybooking.com/BHSIF
- Friday 14 February, 10am–12pm - Duncan Mackinnon Reserve Community Room, corner North and Murrumbeena Roads, Murrumbeena. Book; https://www.trybooking.com/BHVUU
- Sunday 16 February, 10am–12pm, Caulfield Park Pavillion Community Room, Balaclava Road, Caulfield North. Book; https://www.trybooking.com/BHVVC
- Monday 17 February, 6.30pm–8.30pm Caulfield Cup Room at Glen Eira Town Hall, corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield. Book; https://www.trybooking.com/BHVVL
The Chatterbox trailer will be out and about, keen to hear your feedback. Drop in to share your thoughts at the following locations:
- Tuesday 28 January, 1pm-4pm GESAC, 200 East Boundary Rd, Bentleigh East
- Saturday 15 February, 9am–12pm, Duncan MacKinnon Reserve, corner North and Murrumbeena Roads, Murrumbeena.
- Sunday 16 February, 12pm–3pm, Party in the Park at Princes Park, Hawthorn Road, Caulfield South, and;
- Sunday 1 March, 12.30 – 3.30, Louisa Briggs Day Reconciliation Event at Mallanbool Reserve, corner Leila and Murrumbeena Roads, Murrumbeena.
These opportunities will be widely promoted via our website and media, correspondence and media, so please book in to attend to have your say.
Help us to plan for a future Glen Eira that is one you are excited to live, work and play in.