Council adopted Amendment C251glen at a Council Meeting in September 2023. It has been referred to the Minister for Planning for approval.
Planning Scheme Amendment C251glen proposes a number of changes to the planning scheme:
- To extend Heritage Overlay HO90 to include five additional properties and rename this area to the Balaclava Road Victorian Group.
- To revise 11 Statements of Significance for places already included in the Heritage Overlay.
- To include two heritage design guidelines as incorporated documents in the Heritage Overlay.
- To turn on tree controls (which means a planning permit is required to remove a specified tree) and fence/outbuilding controls (a planning application will be publicly advertised for the demolition of specified fences/outbuildings) for select properties already within the Heritage Overlay and correct anomalies and mapping errors.
Amendment C251 applies to the following properties:
- 326-338A, 344, 347, 349 and 351 Balaclava Road, Caulfield North (Balaclava Road Victorian Group)
- 'Heatherbrae', 73 Neerim Road, Caulfield
- 'Roseneath', 31 Nepean Highway, Elsternwick
- 'Lisbon House', 70 Orrong Road, Elsternwick
- 'Glenmoore', 1 St Georges Road, Elsternwick
- St Joseph’s Primary School, 28 Sandham Street, Elsternwick
- Pair of Shops and Residences, 216-218 Glenhuntly Road, Elsternwick
- Pair of Shops and Residences, 220-222 Glenhuntly Road, Elsternwick
- Pair of Shops and Residences, 224, 226, 226A, 226B Glenhuntly Road, Elsternwick
- Former Third Church of Christ Scientist, 12 Ripon Grove, Elsternwick
- House, 9 Vickery Street, Bentleigh
- 'Tyres Residence', 1118 Dandenong Road, Carnegie (minor correction only).
Please refer to the Department of Transport and Planning website to see the relevant planning and background documents that were on exhibition.