Our 2023–2024 Budget was adopted at a Council Meeting on Tuesday 27 June 2023.
The 2023–24 Budget strikes the right balance between ambition for new initiatives, maintaining quality service delivery and remaining financially sustainable. Engagement on the draft budget closed on Friday 26 May 2023.
The draft Budget provides a detailed view of how we intend to spend money over the next 12 months. It aims to strike the right balance between ambition for new initiatives, maintaining quality service delivery and remaining financially sustainable.
- Community priorities – our previous community engagement in late 2022 confirmed maintenance for roads and footpaths, climate response initiatives and service provision were our community’s main priorities, and these are incorporated into the draft Budget.
- Climate emergency response – investment in emissions reduction, urban greening and transition to a circular economy are featured in the draft Budget. This includes ensuring sustainability measures are embedded into our building design and construction.
New capital projects – key areas of investment include funding to:
- Continue construction of the Carnegie Memorial Swimming Pool.
- Continue our land acquisition program to increase, improve and enhance our open space.
- Invest in technology and data to ensure we keep up to date with changing customer expectations about online services and ensure we have high levels of data security and protection from cybercrime.
- Renew our assets including buildings, roads, drains, footpaths to ensure they remain fit for purpose
There were several ways community members could get involved during the consultation phase:
- Online through a submission form.
- Joining an online information session on Council’s Budget with our Chief Financial Officer, John Vastianos on Thursday 18 May 2023 from 6pm to 7pm, via Zoom.
- Calling us on 9524 3333 to arrange a phone or video call with one of our finance team members and find out more about the draft 2023-24 Budget.
- Emailing submissions to email@example.com
- Posting a written submission to: Chief Financial Officer, Glen Eira City Council, PO Box 42 Caulfield South 3162
How feedback will be used
Feedback received was considered by Council at the meeting on Tuesday 13 June 2023.